Login |  Register |  FAQ

Hive Fleet Gorgon netEA 0.6

Post subject: Re: Hive Fleet Gorgon netEA 0.6
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:48 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Sky slashers addition - I understand the hole you are looking to fill as traditional stats have gargoyles as more FF oriented in assaults. Though sky skashers are technically swarms in 40k. Wouldn't they be too small to be represented in Epic. Also no idea how you'd model them. Maybe make the hive crone and/or harpy a little more cost effective and have them fill the CC gap?

Idea to change change - ditch the sky slashers and use the harpy/crones as your flying CC work horses. This would also make flyrants less unfavourable in the flying swarms so they arent as easily sniped with AT fire. Drop a bit of shooting from them to make them a little more cost effective. Add unit size ~4 sporoswarm (representing a combination of sporocysts and mucoloid spores) as a teleport or even just planetfall with added capacity on the hive ship. Have the following stats: immobile or 10cm, Ar +4, CC +4, FF+4, 30cm AA 5+, 30cm AP4/AT5 (venom cannon) fits with fluff, more practical to model, and Nids traditionally have poor AA. The crone I think with 35cm move and being able to bury them in a swarm makes for quite effective AA.

Also pyrovors I can't see being taken that often. They add some better assault numbers to the artillery swarm but would only act as a minor deterant to being assaulted.

Copy paste error - Under the vanguard organism special rule. You have "vanguard organismvanguard organism"

Like the change on the lictor swarm plan on using at least one large swarm of lictors.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think your updated "Borka Rule" (to ignore one hack-down per synapse) might work. I felt the previous one was a bit too good in combination with the Swarming rule.

AC for Dark Angels (https://bit.ly/2HvM3EM) Traitor Titan Legion (https://bit.ly/2HvNgfi) Alpha Legion (https://bit.ly/2HNfk0I) Questoris Mechanicus (https://bit.ly/2KfqLg2) & Hive Fleet Dagon (https://bit.ly/2FirNoc).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:54 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I agree on sky slasher swarms. They seem to small to be represented on the epic scale.

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:05 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

mordoten wrote:
I agree on sky slasher swarms. They seem to small to be represented on the epic scale.
atension wrote:
Sky slashers addition - I understand the hole you are looking to fill as traditional stats have gargoyles as more FF oriented in assaults. Though sky skashers are technically swarms in 40k. Wouldn't they be too small to be represented in Epic. Also no idea how you'd model them. Maybe make the hive crone and/or harpy a little more cost effective and have them fill the CC gap?

Yeah I thought about that. They seemed bigger than most swarm creatures in 40k (and therefore reasonable in epic), when I compared them to rippers for instance. But now that I rechecked on FWs site then they kind of do look similar in size it just the wings that make them look a lot bigger. I guess I'll take them away in the next iteration. Iäm not at all married to the idea of including them. It was just an afterthought really.

atension wrote:
Idea to change change - ditch the sky slashers and use the harpy/crones as your flying CC work horses. This would also make flyrants less unfavourable in the flying swarms so they arent as easily sniped with AT fire. Drop a bit of shooting from them to make them a little more cost effective. Add unit size ~4 sporoswarm (representing a combination of sporocysts and mucoloid spores) as a teleport or even just planetfall with added capacity on the hive ship. Have the following stats: immobile or 10cm, Ar +4, CC +4, FF+4, 30cm AA 5+, 30cm AP4/AT5 (venom cannon) fits with fluff, more practical to model, and Nids traditionally have poor AA. The crone I think with 35cm move and being able to bury them in a swarm makes for quite effective AA.

I wanted the list to have more shooting options compared to onachus so I'm hesitant to lower the shooting power of the flying AVs

atension wrote:
Also pyrovors I can't see being taken that often. They add some better assault numbers to the artillery swarm but would only act as a minor deterant to being assaulted.

True that. Can you see an alternative statline for them? Not worth including? Or perhaps just ok to have them as a seeminlgy subpar choice?

atension wrote:
Like the change on the lictor swarm plan on using at least one large swarm of lictors.

Good to hear. I too think they really needed a boost. I went with the points cost proposed by Dave and tested by the NDC, that have now also been incorporated into the onachus list.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:27 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Quote:
 wanted the list to have more shooting options compared to onachus so I'm hesitant to lower the shooting power of the flying AVs 

I think you can accomplish both. Slightly less shooting on each model but have more of them. Remove the AA in favour of the spore AA unit. This would fill your assault CC gap in terror swarms. Increase number of AVs to protect/reduce AT sniping of Flyrants in terror swarm and would make your the crone/harpy swarms not so breakable. Being independant swarms without synapse they will rarely rally once broken. Very unfavourable use of points compared to the terror swarm.