Login |  Register |  FAQ

If you could change the rules...

Post subject: Re: If you could change the rules...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:53 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

f2k wrote:
Finally been let in.

Mwahahaha... You poor fools...

Ahmmm...

Anyway... I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I do want to add one thing. Well... Two, really, but one is pretty vague so...

If I could change a rule - just a single rule - it would be to do away with the action test. No, no, no... Please hear me out before tearing my head off...

When I play, I play to have fun, to drink beer and eat chips and have a good time with my friends. And if there's one rule that gets in the way of that, it's the action test. It's a single D6, yet it can have huge repercussions, not just for this turn but for all the following turns. In particular, I remember a game where I simply could not control my Orks. Failed a horrible amount of rolls that day. Couldn't assault... Couldn't rally... Could only howl in frustration as my opponent took my army apart, bit by bit, with me being unable to do anything about it whatsoever.

Sure, that sort of stuff happens pretty rarely, but my point is: it shouldn't happen at all.

So I would like to see the rule removed entirely. Or, at the very least, only used when rallying or trying to retain the initiative. Otherwise, simply move a unit at a time, with the player having fewer non-activated units being allowed to pass, should he want to.

On more vague lines, I would like to go over the army lists to... I don't know... Spice them up a bit, I suppose...

Some army lists seems strangly... Uninspired... Underwhelming... Take chaos, for example. We know that they have titan legions at their command, so why is a Banelord the only titan they have?

Some lists then become too OP, hence the exp lists and dev lists, nothing saying as a house rule you can bring what you want but tournywise the dev lists are balanced, and from those lists you can create some op armies

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: If you could change the rules...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm just a Noob but one thing I would have liked to change is that the first player each turn should never be allowed to, in any way, activate more than one formation. After the first turn it feels that going first is a big advantage unless you have lots and lots of more activations. Going first generally get you to break one or two formations before the enemy can activate. Especially in turn 3 and 4.

But winning the initiative could be a tougher choice if you couldn't activate as much as the second player. Will you activate one formation first or do you need to activate more at one time to combine the effect?

Profile Send private message