Login |  Register |  FAQ
   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 74  Next

The Return of Adeptus Titanicus

 Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 8880
Location: Manalapan, FL
Sorry L4, but both were for sale in the EA period and had EA boxes, mate (well Chaos had an EA box-FW just had the infamous brown FW shipping boxes :D ). By your logic Marines were not released for EA because those sculpts were made first in 2nd edition. :P

Also remember that FW had an entire section of the 3rd Imperial Armour book devoted to EA lists (and BFG too) for the Tauros campaign. Tau were very much an EA thing (the NetEA Tau 3rd Phase list started from the FW version).

In fact almost the entire guard line was recast 3rd edition minis (the BSM tanks being the only completely new stuff). EA had very very few "new" minis made for it whatsoever. Land Raider Phobos pattern, BSM tanks, a new Warhound and Warlord titan, a Ork gargant (which I admit may have been a 3rd edition, can't remember), some of the ork stuff, the Guard Stormtroopoers and heavy weapons, and some of the Eldar panzers, marine skimmers. Even BSM infantry was 3rd edition plastics with some GS additions recast.

_________________
He's a lawyer and a super-villian. That's like having a shark with a bazooka!

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!


Last edited by jimmyzimms on Sun May 15, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:32 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:35 am
Posts: 4274
Legion 4 wrote:
Apocolocyntosis wrote:
Blip wrote:
Can only be a good thing.


generally yes, but not good news for fan made sculpts etc

Yes, well I don't think that GW will have the range of fan made models at least not anytime soon after 8mm AT is released. Which probably won't be this year.


I think Apoc is referring more towards crackdowns on websites and forumware that have tied in with releases of other games

_________________
www.epic-uk.co.uk
NetEA NetERC Human Lists Chair
NetEA Chaos + Black Legion Champion


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 36586
Location: Ohio - USA
Guys ... I'm looking at my E:A rule books ... there are NO rules Tau and Chaos in E:A ...

The Chaos figures have been since SM1, SM2 and E40K. And the Tau were only produced by FW after SM2 and the only rules were in E40K. But there are no rules for either in the Official GW E:A Rule Books. There were rules for both in GW E40K.

Now if you are talking rule books from FW ... that is not what I'm referring too. I know Tau were only produced by FW but I'm completely unaware of new Chaos figures.

And No you're missing my "logic" ... There were 2 types of SMs produced during SM1. The 1st group only had Mk.VIs in one pose ... The next version had Mk.VIIs and Mk.VIs in many poses etc.. And both of those have been used all the way thru E40K.
It was the same with Orks & Eldar. Two different sprue types with mixed sprue in the Epic Stomper box set.
But the Eldar got another new Sprue with SM2.

Chaos had two different sets of sprues the 1st in the waning days of SM1. And another around the TL time frame.

GW never made any Tau only FW ... And I didn't remember the FW rules for either Tau or Chaos. As by that time, didn't start collecting FW rule books ... and still don't ...

Oh and Squats only made it as far as SM2. And 'Nids were intro'ed in SM2. But as you brought to my attention, 'Nids may have had rules in FW books. Any rules in FW books or online I was unaware of ... and again didn't buy ... 8)

_________________
Legion 4 "Cry Havoc, and let slip the Dogs of War !" ... "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."


Last edited by Legion 4 on Sun May 15, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:23 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:35 am
Posts: 4274
Chaos rules for EA were officially published on the GW site

_________________
www.epic-uk.co.uk
NetEA NetERC Human Lists Chair
NetEA Chaos + Black Legion Champion


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 36586
Location: Ohio - USA
I was unware of the online rules ... :-\

_________________
Legion 4 "Cry Havoc, and let slip the Dogs of War !" ... "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 36586
Location: Ohio - USA
Steve54 wrote:
Legion 4 wrote:
Apocolocyntosis wrote:
Blip wrote:
Can only be a good thing.


generally yes, but not good news for fan made sculpts etc

Yes, well I don't think that GW will have the range of fan made models at least not anytime soon after 8mm AT is released. Which probably won't be this year.


I think Apoc is referring more towards crackdowns on websites and forumware that have tied in with releases of other games

I know nothing !


Attachments:
SGT SCHULTZ.jpg
SGT SCHULTZ.jpg [ 3.41 KiB | Viewed 2667 times ]

_________________
Legion 4 "Cry Havoc, and let slip the Dogs of War !" ... "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 8880
Location: Manalapan, FL
What part of FW Imperial Armor book 3 wasn't clear, brother? They [edit: Tau] absolutely were available for use in EA.

You seem to be equating the age of the sculpt of the model with supported in what version. That's poppycock as we've pointed out
1. Marine guard eldar and chaos models overwhelming being the 3rd edition models with some notable new ones added (sentinels, marine tanks/skimmers, eldar ranks) to the EA releases.
2. EA having boxed sets for chaos, marines, guard, etc. FW releasing rules for EA in IA volume 3, marketing Tau and Grey Knights for use in EA.
3. GW releasing rules and lists in the EA documents on their website for Chaos. [edit: you're correct they never showed up in a book like Swordwind, sadly :( ]

I'm sorry but you're simply wrong here to claim that there were not Chaos, Tau, and now that I write this, GK forces as well, available in EA support timeframe.

_________________
He's a lawyer and a super-villian. That's like having a shark with a bazooka!

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 36586
Location: Ohio - USA
The Chaos figures have been since SM1, SM2 and E40K. And the Tau were only produced by FW after SM2 and the only rules were in E40K. But there are no rules for either in the Official GW E:A Rule Books. There were rules for both in GW E40K.

Now if you are talking rule books from FW ... that is not what I'm referring too. I know Tau were only produced by FW but I'm completely unaware of new Chaos figures.

And No you're missing my "logic" ... There were 2 types of SMs produced during SM1. The 1st group only had Mk.VIs in one pose ... The next version had Mk.VIIs and Mk.VIs in many poses etc.. And both of those have been used all the way thru E40K.
It was the same with Orks & Eldar. Two different sprue types with mixed sprue in the Epic Stomper box set.
But the Eldar got another new Sprue with SM2.

Chaos had two different sets of sprues the 1st in the waning days of SM1. And another around the TL time frame.

GW never made any Tau only FW ... And I didn't remember the FW rules for either Tau or Chaos. As by that time, didn't start collecting FW rule books ... and still don't ...

Oh and Squats only made it as far as SM2. And 'Nids were intro'ed in SM2. But as you brought to my attention, 'Nids may have had rules in FW books. Any rules in FW books or online I was unaware of ... and again didn't buy ... 8) That's my story and I'm sticking too it !


Attachments:
WORF.jpg
WORF.jpg [ 30.62 KiB | Viewed 2651 times ]

_________________
Legion 4 "Cry Havoc, and let slip the Dogs of War !" ... "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 8880
Location: Manalapan, FL
Legion 4 wrote:
The Chaos figures have been since SM1, SM2 and E40K.

L4, we're NOT claiming they sculpted NEW chaos figures for EA. They DID support and release a box set of chaos figures in EA however which is what YOU are claiming they didn't. In fact I have ALL the official documents from GW for Specialist Games EA stored (actually I have everything irrespective of version because like you, i started playing "epic" back in the AT days). In this document which is the file they put out for the announcement for the release of EA chaos figure support they even state they were the older sculpts, "As well as the army lists we'll be re-releasing the Epic Chaos Horde plastic set. This provides all of the rank and file troops a Chaos army will need, allowing the followers of the Dark Gods to command a suitably large and impressive horde of troops. In addition we're re-releasing a limited range of metal models for unique units found in the Chaos army lists".

So basically your entire premise is that because you didn't bother to read the rules released for EA they didn't exist? Can I buy some pot off you, brother? ;D

Legion4 wrote:
And the Tau were only produced by FW after SM2 and the only rules were in E40K. But there are no rules for either in the Official GW E:A Rule Books. There were rules for both in GW E40K.

Again, no one is claiming that Tau were ONLY made during the 4th edition timeframe. We are stating that they were for sale, during EA for EA purposes and no, you're 100% wrong that they didn't have EA rules: Imperial Armour Volume 3, The Tauros Campaign had full official support for Tau in Epic Armageddon. I'd give you a link but unlike the previous PDF, that was never a free publicly available document and I don't want to get TC in trouble with copyright violatations. I'm happy to privately supply a PDF you can read since you obviously don't believe me despite pointing out the book with the Tau rules in it not once but 3 times dude. At this point you're being obtuse.

Legion4 wrote:
Now if you are talking rule books from FW ... that is not what I'm referring too. I know Tau were only produced by FW but I'm completely unaware of new Chaos figures.

Yeah we know you're NOT getting it. However you're claiming that Tau didn't have EA support. That's wrong. FW, an OFFICIAL GW SUBSIDIARY, was responsible for model/rules support for Tau ALWAYS.
Attachment:
LoPan_Says.jpg
LoPan_Says.jpg [ 14.75 KiB | Viewed 2635 times ]


Legion4 wrote:
And No you're missing my "logic" ... There were 2 types of SMs produced during SM1. The 1st group only had Mk.VIs in one pose ... The next version had Mk.VIIs and Mk.VIs in many poses etc.. And both of those have been used all the way thru E40K.

No we're not missing that. We've been saying that all along. And actually you're wrong, the Marine infantry went all the way to the 4th edition as well. The marine infantry was NOT multi-pose, though they did make specialty figures (characters and the whatnot) which might be considered "another pose". The marines available in the AT era however were multipose figures (and far better models as well).

Legion4 wrote:
It was the same with Orks & Eldar. Two different sprue types with mixed sprue in the Epic Stomper box set.
But the Eldar got another new Sprue with SM2.

and went to the 4th edition as well (though reboxed and recut for re-release in 4th)

Legion4 wrote:
Chaos had two different sets of sprues the 1st in the waning days of SM1. And another around the TL time frame.

And another in the release of 3rd edition (which, again as we've been stating, was used re-release for 4th).

Legion4 wrote:
GW never made any Tau only FW ... And I didn't remember the FW rules for either Tau or Chaos. As by that time, didn't start collecting FW rule books ... and still don't ...

Yes and...? Is there a point other than you're claiming that Tau and Chaos didn't have 4th edition rules and model support despite we keep pointing out that is incorrect. Your admitted ignorance of the EA rules and lists does not change the reality that they BOTH had model and rule support in EA.

I'm not trying to sound harsh and have an argument but you simply are anf factually incorrect here man. Time to admit you're simply wrong because, as you state, "[you] didn't start collecting FW rule books" and "I was unware of the online rules" doesn't actually make you correct; It makes you ignorant of the facts. Sorry =/

edit: EA Tau => IA3, Tauros Campaign, section 5 - army lists, Tau in Epic Armageddon, pg 282
:spin :spin :spin :spin

_________________
He's a lawyer and a super-villian. That's like having a shark with a bazooka!

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 36586
Location: Ohio - USA
Yes, ... you are correct ... since I didn't buy the FW books with E:A rules ... I forgot they were in there ... Mea Culpa ... I humbly beg your humble eminence's forgiveness ... :( I will go to my room and say 10 "Hail Caesars" as penance ... :wah :'(


Attachments:
DOH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.gif
DOH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.gif [ 3.44 KiB | Viewed 2630 times ]

_________________
Legion 4 "Cry Havoc, and let slip the Dogs of War !" ... "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 8880
Location: Manalapan, FL
Lolz... You know I love you, baby :)

so can we now get back on topic?

anyone got any more updates or more pictures they've dug up? This is certainly an interesting turn of events (also probably explains the huge number of open positions at FW)

I'm like L4, already got more than I can paint but I can see this helping new blood collect models easier (if not more cheaply-I shudder to thing of prices)

_________________
He's a lawyer and a super-villian. That's like having a shark with a bazooka!

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 36586
Location: Ohio - USA
I'm going to my room to say my "Hail Caesars" :-[ ... you can handle it from here ... :whistle

_________________
Legion 4 "Cry Havoc, and let slip the Dogs of War !" ... "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:23 pm
Posts: 304
Location: Newcastle, UK
Yeah the prices are going to be astronomical considering the price that the 6mm Tau used to be

Sent from my 4027X using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 27034
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
flyingthruwater wrote:
Yeah the prices are going to be astronomical considering the price that the 6mm Tau used to be

Sent from my 4027X using Tapatalk


Hi!

I'd probably pay it if they were metal, but for resin, no way.

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:06 am
Posts: 740
Location: San Francisco, CA
They're likely to be plastic - FW is now allowed to design plastic parts for starter boxes, which this would be.

But earlier rumors had them doing Battlefleet Gothic before Epic. What happened to that? BFG's alive again thanks to the video game, and it needs miniatures more desperately than Epic. Aliexpress has some of the original model selection, but there's a lot that you just can't get except by paying a ton of money on eBay or Shapeways.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 74  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB ® Forum Software © phpBB Group
CoDFaction Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net