Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Cadian Shock Troops v1.5

Post subject: Re: Cadian Shock Troops v1.5
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

People have to remeber this is the guard we are talking about.
8 is the right size, any less and it breaks just by getting looked at harshly, and larger and it would be ott.
8 is a good comfortable number

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Mard wrote:
People have to remeber this is the guard we are talking about.
8 is the right size, any less and it breaks just by getting looked at harshly, and larger and it would be ott.
8 is a good comfortable number

Huh? Can you expand on this argument please, i'm not really following... Why would more than 8 be OTT? Sorry if i'm thick headed.

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Commander in the Kasrkin unit have an autocannon. Not much, but at least something to place a BM with (when not surpressed).

Some ideas about Kasrkin. Since AC Rug got steamrolled, we might have to do something...

- Increasing the price, +25 pts. Keep the formation 8 units with the possibility of buying just 1 storm lord for a reasonable price (325-350 pts feels right (-> 3 activations/1000pts)). Makes them kind of basic unit in the list, since the other two are more expensive / less reliable. Using Mards and Uvenlords lists as "templates" this makes for armies with one less activation 12 without titan, 10-11 with). A simple solution.

- Increasing the size and the price. A BSM-inspired Company of 10 at 225 pts or ("standard IG-company") Commander + 12 kasrkin at 250 could be tried. But anless there be more room in the Stormlord (enough for one flat unit) I fear that we won't see many Stormlords, since the formation will be quite expensive.
Giving the "Mechanized Kasrkin" the option of changing Chimeras to Stormlord at +50 or +75 could solve this. Or making a Stormlord support formation (2 at 300 pts)?.

Still, I think that perhaps restrictions on the cheapest/"best" units a la Black Legion is needed. Since the problem might not be the price of the Kasrkin. Perhaps increase sentinels to 150 instead? Or reducing the size to 5?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

mordoten wrote:
I think a +25 point increase to Kaskrin units (without adding more units) is needed. Preferable even more points, they should atleast cost 225 IMO (but then with more units). That would mitigate some of my pop corn concerns with the list (i.e to many cheap actiavations available).

I wouldn't mind increasing those 25 to the base cost of the formation, but at the same time upgrading the normal Commander stand to a Kasrkin Commander stand (with better armour and stats...).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9